Chipboard Embellishments are one of the easiest and most versatile type of embellishment you can use for your papercrafting project to give them that extra dimensional pop. It comes in many different sizes and shapes. Chipboard embellishments can come as already designed and made for you. These you just take from the package and adhere with glue, double sided tape, glue dots, sticky strip, or whatever your favorite adhesive is. Some chipboard comes naked and you get to design your own embellishments to match your project.
Here are some ideas for using the naked chipboard pieces:
1. Coat shapes with acrylic paint or ink to finish.
2. To alter your painted shapes you can lightly sand them and then paint with a crackle medium or cover with modge podge.
3. Use with Patterned Papers
Cover your chipboard shapes with patterned paper. This technique looks especially great when used with alphabets. Finish your edges by sanding the edges to make them even with the chipboard. You can also add ink or paint to your edges to give them a more distressed look.
4. Add glitter, beads or confetti - simply apply adhesive to the chipboard shape and then shake on glitter, beads or confetti.
Anything you can do to paper, you can also do to your chipboard!
- Stamp background patterns on your chipboard with paint or ink.
- Use letters and numbers to create a unique title for your scrapbook page.
- Use chipboard to make frames and photo mats
- Chipboard Journaling blocks
- Chipboard Tags
- Chipboard Monograms by using a single letter
- Wrap your shape in ribbon or adhere fabric to your chipboard
- Staple ribbon to the edge of chipboard
Purchase some chipboard and try out one or more of these ideas and make your next project pop with some great dimension and texture!